So, who is Reckon?
We’re a modern tech company that helps people and businesses change the way they operate – for the better. We specialise in software, but we’re more than just a technology company. Our experienced people, services and solutions provide businesses, accountants and lawyers with the tools and support they need. Our humble beginnings as an Australian start-up means we celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit of small business and spotlight the work of their advisors. The art of accounting is the cornerstone of our business. We’re proud of our collaborative, inclusive, and vibrant culture. We take care of ourselves, our teams, our customers, and our community.
Make a difference – so, what is the role?
The key requirement of the Technical Support Team Leader is to coach, motivate and lead the technical support team in the achievement of set service level targets and to continue to develop the team’s skills and career within our business.
- Manage all facets of inbound technical support calls including number of calls taken, organizing breaks, and monitoring the team’s phone status
- Day-to-day coaching, leadership, and motivation of the team.
- Identify training opportunities.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your team to encourage skill development.
- Mentor team members in their personal development.
- Provide product knowledge and training.
- Encourage teamwork, maintain team harmony and a good work ethic.
- Proactively identify and rectify all customer issues that have been escalated by technicians
- Take escalations from technical support representatives
- Hold regular team meetings and monthly 1:1 meetings with each team member.
- Provide customer support using multiple channels (phone / e-mail / live chat).
- Monitor and actively drive to increase customer satisfaction measured by teams NPS.
Required competencies & experience
- IT Diploma in helpdesk/network support or software analysis, or similar.
- A minimum of 24 months experience in a technical support and customer service role, preferably from a call centre, helpdesk, ISP or software support environment.
- Knowledge of Reckon products and services and/or accounting software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Well developed time management skills, with the ability to think on your feet and prioritise your own work.
- Working support knowledge of Windows and hardware issues.
- Networking experience.
- A strong customer service focus.
- Confident CRM database skills.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience leading and motivating a team.
- Wellbeing activities throughout the year from painting classes to R U OK initiatives
- Paid parental leave, life leave and study leave
- Social committee running events all year round and social clubs to bond with people with similar interests
- Free counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- LinkedIn learning available to all employees with access to over 16,000 courses
- Coaching and mentoring program to excel your career
- Recognition tool open to all employees to nominate great work
- Future leaders and innovation squad known as ‘Thinktank’ open to all employees
- Ability to work fully remote from anywhere in Australia and New Zealand
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Work from home 3 days per week and flexible work hours
- Recently renovated office with plants throughout
$80,000 – $90,000 per annum
Do what you love. Love what you do. Creating the best place to work!
We work hard, but have fun whilst we do it. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive inclusion and build everything on trust. We also know that Reckon probably won’t be your final career destination. We want to help you get to the next stop because we ensure our culture creates and fosters exceptional people. Caring for the wellbeing of our employees is the most important part of our culture. Our ongoing and open communication lines also includes regularly checking in with our employees see how all our employees are feeling, and how we are tracking as a business so that we can make the necessary changes or improvements we can. With the wellbeing and career development of our employees front and centre of the company’s strategy. Don’t believe us? We have been independently certified as a Great Place to Work voted by our employees: https://greatplacetowork.com.au/gptwcertified/reckon/