So, who is Reckon?
We’re a modern tech company that helps people and businesses change the way they operate – for the better. Our mission? To create technology that helps turn ambition into accomplishment.
We specialise in software, but we’re also more than just a technology company. Our experienced people, services and solutions provide businesses, accountants and lawyers with the tools and support they need to be successful.
Make a difference – so, what is the role?
As the Lead Mobile Developer inside Reckon, you will be responsible for developing a brand new line of mobile products using React Native and being responsible for the technical stewardship of the suite of mobile apps.
The mobile products that you’ll be working on are still in the greenfield stage and are built in our React Native monorepo, using our in-house design system called Balance. Using these tools, we’ve already shipped a few apps and you’ll be building out more. We lean heavily on GraphQL in our applications with a Backend-for-Frontend pattern and you’ll be using this heavily.
- Developing high quality, well unit tested sets of functionality
- Building cross platform React Native apps for the Reckon platform.
- Being involved in performing code reviews for others
- Driving the design of solutions in a collaborative fashion
- Working with Architects to ensure your applications fit well into the broader application ecosystem
- Being proactive to identify/prototype the best solutions/technology sets necessary to deliver the right outcome
- Being responsible for or contributing to the deployment mechanisms and the release of the solutions
- Keeping current on the latest development technologies and techniques
- Mentoring other team members in best practice.
- Wrangling the beast that is mobile development
Working with Scrum Master and Product Owner to identify issues, risks, delays, blockers etc
Ideally you’ll have
- Demonstrable real-world React Native experience with a project that has been publically released
- Experience with other mobile development frameworks (Cordova / Swift / Ionic / Xamarin)
- Real world GraphQL experience.
- Being able to definition a vision and take others along for the ride.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years Development experience across a number of languages and platforms
- Unit testing experience using Jest / Mocha / Enzyme
- Understanding what Component driven design means
- Wellbeing activities throughout the year from painting classes to R U OK initiatives
- Paid parental leave, life leave and study leave
- Social committee running events all year round and social clubs to bond with people with similar interests
- Free counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- LinkedIn learning available to all employees with access to over 16,000 courses
- Coaching and mentoring program to excel your career
- Recognition tool open to all employees to nominate great work
- Future leaders and innovation squad known as ‘Thinktank’ open to all employees
- Ability to work fully remote from anywhere in Australia and New Zealand
Do what you love. Love what you do. Creating the best place to work!
We believe in everyone’s right to be successful in their careers.
That’s why we focus on creating a unique and enjoyable working environment because we believe in inclusivity, fairness, and trust. Living and breathing these values is fundamental to our open-door policy, allowing people to thrive personally and professionally.
We’re not just interested in what you know, but also who you are, where you’re from, what you love and where you want to go.
We also know that Reckon probably won’t be your final career destination. But we want our culture to create and foster exceptional people, helping them get to their next stop.
We’re proud of our collaborative, inclusive, and vibrant culture. We take care of ourselves, our teams, our customers, and our community.